MP PSC has announced the plan of the examination for the MP PSC 2013 Exam in Appendix I.
PLAN OF EXAMINATION / Exam format for Preliminary Examination
1. The combined competitive examination comprises two successive stages :
- State Services Preliminary Examination (Objective types) for selection of candidates for Main Examination, and
- State Services Main Examination (written and interview)for selection of candidates for the various categories of services and posts.
2. The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each paper will be set in accordance with the scheme given below:
Paper I General Studies 2 hrs 200 Marks
Paper II General Aptitude Test 2 hrs 200 Marks
3. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in
this examination candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination.
Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
4. (1) Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
(2) Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
(3) Details of the syllabi for General Studies and General Aptitude Test of Preliminary examination as specified in Appendix-II.
(4) Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
5. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about Fifteen times the total number of vacancies to be filled in various categories of services and posts as indicated in the advertisement. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
To be eligible for main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe /Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.